Let’s be honest: we owe our moms an awful lot. By the time we were finally able to thank our moms for loving us the way they do, they’d already been taking care of us for years! Mother’s Day is totally appropriate, considering.
The truth is, we could never thank our mothers enough for the love and care they’ve shown us. We can certainly let them know how much they mean to us, though! Mother’s Day is the perfect time to show our love and gratitude.
Mother’s Day always seemed like a really sweet holiday to me growing up. I always had fun cooking up a special surprise for my mom in the kitchen, or shopping for a little something I knew would make her smile.
This year, I’ll be spending Mother’s Day over 2,000 miles away from my mom. I’ve been trying to think of the perfect gift, but it certainly hasn’t been easy.
I realized that I can’t be the only one having a hard time coming up with the right gift. So, I spent some time brainstorming the following 50 awesome, unique Mother’s Day gift ideas to give you some inspiration.
Hopefully, some of them will stand out and spark even more ideas. I tried to make these ideas as affordable as possible, so you will find a range of price points.
In addition to our own mothers, most of us have mothers around us who regularly pour their love and time into our lives. It’s nice to let them know how much they mean to us on Mother’s Day.
50 Unique and Affordable Mother’s Day Gift Ideas
This post contains affiliate links. You can read my disclosure policy here. Some of the links below will take you to Amazon, where you’ll find more details and current pricing on each item!
Pampering and Self-Care
- Bath Bombs – These are such a fun, relaxing treat! I’d recommend either making your own or buying something like this natural bath bomb gift set to avoid any harmful ingredients.
- Sugar Scrub – There are lots of great DIY recipes floating around! I used to have a business selling scrubs, so I can tell you that they’re super easy to put together yourself. That said, you could also splurge on a really luxurious jar like this one.
- Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay – Clay masks are amazing! I’ve used bentonite clay for years because it does wonders for my skin. There’s no point in paying lots of money for facial masks with sketchy ingredients. This stuff is pure, safe, and highly effective!
- Essential Oils – I love buying my oils from Edens Garden. They’re incredibly affordable, yet still of the highest quality. Wild Orange and Grapefruit are two that I find uplifting and invigorating- perfect for this time of year!
- Essential Oil Diffuser – I run my diffuser all the time. Diffusing oils can be great for your health. They’re also wonderful for setting the mood. I use them to help me wake up in the morning, reenergize during the day, and relax before bed. Right now, I’m really loving the look of wood grain diffusers.
- Burt’s Bees Essential Everyday Beauty Gift Set – This kit includes Milk and Honey Body Lotion, Beeswax Lip Balm, and Coconut Foot Cream. You also get Soap Bark and Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream, and Hand Salve. They give you quite a lot for the money. Buying natural products can be affordable!
- Burt’s Bees Hand Repair Gift Set – There are some lovely products included in this kit. A mother’s hands can easily be neglected in the business of day-to-day life.
- Burt’s Bees Tips and Toes Gift Set – This neat kit is designed for rejuvenating both hands and feet. Can you tell I love Burt’s Bees products? Their packaging is very nice for gift-giving, too.
- Gift Card for a Manicure, Pedicure, Facial, or Massage – Sometimes, you really have to encourage Mom to slow down and relax! Mother’s Day is the perfect time to give the gift of relaxation.
- Spa Gift Basket – You can easily create one yourself! Pick a theme your mom will love (e.g. beachy, tropical, floral, a specific flavor or color, etc.). Fill the basket with items like soy candles, hand crafted soap, bath bombs, nail polish, and epsom salts. A plush washcloth, chocolate, a good book, lip balm, and anything else that fits your theme are also good ideas. Some of the gift ideas above would be great add-ins.
- Mama Bear Bar Necklace – This is such a sweet piece of jewelry! Check out the cute mama bear mug below if you like “mama bear” phrase.
- Yoga Gear – I love how yoga makes me feel. Plus, I can do it anywhere. You can easily put together a nice gift with a yoga mat (I love this one), yoga blocks, yoga ball, and yoga socks. Check out Ross and TJ Maxx for great deals on yoga gear! I’ve found many brand name yoga items for a fraction of the retail cost.
- Water Bottle – Everybody needs a trusty refillable water bottle to replace the dozens of plastic water bottles they would use otherwise. I love my Klean Kanteen! It comes with me everywhere and has held up really well.
- Subscription Box – I’ve personally never tried any, but I have heard lots of people rave about them! It’s like giving Mom multiple gifts when her box arrives each month. A few popular ones I’ve heard great things about are BirchBox, FabFitFun, Stitch Fix, Graze, and Try the World. The options are endless!
- Experiences and Classes – Experiences make amazing gifts! You can find classes for everything from cooking, glassblowing and sculpting, to cake decorating, painting, and photography. Sites like Groupon and Craftsy have great deals and lots of options to choose from.
- Meal Subscription or Meal Planning Service – Either of these would be great to help to Mom in the kitchen. Meal Subscription Services like Blue Apron, Hello Fresh, and Sun Basket arrive on your doorstep and take the work out of shopping and meal planning. They are, however, on the expensive side. Meal Planning Services are more affordable, and are great for answering the daily question, “What’s for dinner?”
- Spotify Subscription – Spotify is currently my go-to for music. I love that I’m easily able to save albums and create playlists.
- The Magnolia Story – I’ve heard so many people rave about this book, and definitely want to read it myself.
- Unique Journal – This is a simple gift. You can take it to the next level by having one engraved. Or, you could give her a prayer journal, Five Minute Journal, or Moleskine Notebook. The quality of Moleskine notebooks is superb, and they come in various sizes and colors.
- Coloring Book – Coloring books used to just be for kids, but they’ve lately become a trend for adults, too! Coloring involves both the left and right hemispheres of the brain, and can be very relaxing. I personally own the Secret Garden: An Inky Treasure Hunt and Coloring Book. I’ve been impressed by the quality of the pages and intricacy of the designs. Felt tip markers or colored pencils are a great accompaniment.
Eating + Drinking
- Blooming Glass Teapot with Flowering Tea – I couldn’t leave this out, since we’re on the subject of tea. Is this not the coolest?! What a beautiful way to drink tea. Some extra extra blooming tea flowers would be a nice addition.
- Specialty Tea – If you’re looking for something a little more simple in the tea department, then I recommend splurging on a high quality brand. Buy Mom something she wouldn’t splurge on herself this Mother’s Day. For instance, my husband has given me Jasmine Silver Tip and Peppermint from an excellent local shop, Smith Teamaker. You can find a few of their varieties, like Lord Bergamot, on Amazon. The price is high, but so is the quality!
- Complete Kombucha Brewing Kit – This is an amazing kit that includes everything you need to start brewing kombucha tea! My husband has been brewing kombucha for us over the past year, and has really gotten into it. If your mom is into healthy living, she might also really enjoy it. Also, The Big Book of Kombucha is an amazing resource with lots of recipes and information. I gave it to my husband last Father’s Day, and he loves it!
- I have two words for you. Drinking Chocolate – Seriously, y’all. Your mom will thank you. My husband treated me to a jar of Cacao Drink Chocolate on our honeymoon and for Christmas. It’s a taste of heaven in a cup, although definitely a big splurge. Something like this Dagoba Organic Drinking Chocolate might be a good one to try if you’re looking for something less pricey.
- Trader Joe’s Goodies – Because: Trader Joe’s. Seriously, though, they have so many delicious, gourmet-style treats that fall on the healthier side.
- Gift Card to a New or Favorite Breakfast or Lunch Spot – There’s something sweet and relaxing about meeting a friend for breakfast or lunch, especially when you’re eating at a neat local place.
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries – These can be expensive to buy or have delivered, but you can easily make them yourself!
- Chocolate Sampler – You just cant go wrong with chocolate. That’s probably why I’ve mentioned it a few times. Chocolate samplers or libraries are a great way to go if you’re looking for something out of the ordinary. This Green & Black’s Chocolate Library, Dark Collection looks tempting!
- French Press – There’s something relaxing about making coffee in a French press early in the morning. It’s one of my favorite ways to drink coffee, especially because the taste is amazing. Pair a French press with some specialty coffee and you’re good to go.
- Organic Garlic, Basil, Chili, & Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil Set – Infused olive oils are delicious! Whether you’re dipping bread or cooking with them, you really can’t go wrong.
- Cuisinart Fondue Maker – Fondue is so much fun, and super easy, too! One day I would love to have a fondue pot like this one, but for now I just make do with rewarming our fondue on the stove.
- Lodge Cast Iron Skillet – I love my Lodge skillet now, though I was afraid to start cooking with cast iron at first. When I finally took the plunge, I found the learning curve to be easy, and the results delicious! Plus, it’s made in the USA.
- Sushiquik Super Easy Sushi Making Kit – If your mom loves sushi, she might really enjoy learning how to make it at home. I’ve made sushi in the past, and it’s actually quite fun!
- Cute Apron – Cooking in an apron is a must for me. Not only does it protect my clothes, but a cute apron helps me to enjoy cooking even more. This Very Cherry style by Flirty Aprons has me swooning!
- Herb Garden – Fresh herbs are expensive to buy at the grocery store. Having them on hand is cost-effective and convenient, and they’re a great way to add loads of flavor to your meals. Parsley, chives, basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary, mint, and sage are all delicious options!
- The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Food from My Frontier – You’ve gotta love the Pioneer Woman! I appreciate how her cookbooks are chock full of great photos and step-by-step instructions. Most importantly, though, her recipes are out of this world delicious!
- The Wellness Mama Cookbook – If you’re looking for a healthier cookbook idea, I’d recommend this one! I’ve followed Katie’s Wellness Mama blog for years, and she never disappoints.
- Handcrafted Olive Wood Cooking Utensils – Cooking with nice wooden spoons is such a treat, and olive wood is simply beautiful! Bamboo spoons are cheaper, but often split and won’t last as long as a nicer wood.
- Mama Bear Glass Coffee Mug – You knew I was going to add a mug in this Mother’s Day post somewhere! Mama bears need their coffee, though, and I’m absolutely loving this adorable find.
- Specialty Spices – Buying Mom a gift card to somewhere like Penzey’s lets her experiment with new spice blends and flavors!
Home and Hobbies
- Picnic Basket – Summertime is fast approaching! One of our favorite warm weather activities is picnicking. Eating out in the fresh air at a beautiful park is unbeatable. This Grey Gingham Picnic Basket comes with cutlery, plates, glasses, tableware, and a blanket. Just add food!
- Squirrel Buster Wild Bird Feeder – Bird watching out your back window is so much fun! What’s not so fun, is when most of your birdseed goes to hungry squirrels. Squirrel-proof bird feeders are a must in many areas. My husband used to be an avid bird watcher, and loves pointing out different birds to me. Apartment complexes make birdwatching difficult, so I’m looking forward to the day we’ll be able to enjoy attracting birds in our own backyard.
- Bird Field Guide – This would be a great addition to the gift of a bird feeder since it will help Mom to identify her visitors! Just make sure you choose the right guide for your area. Sibley’s field guides are the best!
- Wind Chime – If your mom enjoys spending time in her backyard relaxing or gardening, she might enjoy listening to a wind chime. The brand Woodstock has some neat options, like their Amazing Grace chime, Pluto chime, and Polaris chime. They even have sound clips so you know what your wind chime will sound like!
- Soy Candles – Paraffin candles may be cheaper and more abundant, but unfortunately, they aren’t healthy to burn. (If you’re curious as to why, check this article out.) I mainly switched to soy and beeswax candles a while ago, and haven’t looked back. This Lemongrass Soy Candle looks super tempting, as does this Wildflowers Gift Set! Sometimes, you can find great deals on soy candles at places like Ross and Home Goods.
- Tea Cups – My mom and I have always loved having tea together together! It’s a really special time to wind down, relax, and catch up. I’ve found adorable cups for a song at places like Ross and Home Goods. Amazon also carries some, like these lovely Rose Chintz Tea Cups and Saucers.
- Craft Supplies – If your mom is into knitting, sewing, painting, jewelry making, or any other craft, she’d probably love some supplies. You could also buy her a starter kit for a hobby she’s been wanting to try.
- Watercolor Boho Thank You Cards – If your mom likes writing notes to friends and family, she’d probably appreciate some beautiful cards or stationary. I fell in love with the artwork on these!
- Custom Self-Inking Letter Address Stamp – Writing your return address on envelopes can take a lot of time. When we buy our first home, I definitely plan to get one of these stamps! There are so many design options to choose from.
- Gift Card to Hobby Lobby, Home Goods, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. – If you’re not sure what your mom wants or needs this Mother’s Day, you can’t go wrong with a gift card to any of these stores! Amazing deals are always easy to come by.
What Are Your Favorite Mother’s Day Gift Ideas?
I hope these 50 Mother’s Day gift ideas have given you inspiration for what to give the mothers in your life this year.
If you have any ideas to add, please be sure to leave them down in the comments below so that we can all benefit!
Happy Mother’s Day to all you mamas out there! You work tirelessly every day, and what you do as mamas is invaluable. May your Mother’s Day be filled with much joy and love!